The Salt Marsh in Early Autumn

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Regularly Scheduled Programming


This morning's post was the end of the series on the spraying incident 20 years ago. I've been receiving wonderful feedback - no one agreed with everything I said, no one expressed total dissent either. That's perfect. My buddy in the high hills of Mexico brought in some new readers with his Facebook recommendations.

Tomorrow you'll find another post with more criticism of libertarians and the election. Saturday is a story of a CIA operative holding a knife to my throat.

Some people have been missing my local reports. The pictures with this post were taken - from the dry safety of my living room - of the marsh this morning. As you can see, the rain and warmth are melting the snow and the marsh is looking more like a bog. You can smell the mud and decomposing plant material - on its way to becoming peat. I have a feeling we're in for a fierce mosquito season this year.

You can see from their alert posture that the geese have been having a face off with Jimmy and Norby through the window. Everyone acts brave as long as there's glass in between them. In a real fight, my money would be on the geese.



I'm going to be interviewed this afternoon by a reporter for the local paper to talk about our fundraising success. Team Sheepscot was the state's top money raiser for the Muscular Dystrophy Association walk in Auburn on February 11th. The good outcome was due to the team walking in honor of Mary, who received good help from the MDA during her long illness.