The Salt Marsh in Early Autumn

Friday, November 18, 2011

Allegorical Maps


Allegorical Maps – I got into this from the Strange Maps blog, a web site that reminds me that the internet isn’t all bad. Anyway look at the most famous one, The Journey – I just love that and managed to find it on line of course and frame it in the bathroom so I can stare at it. Showing a set of values as a map, who would have thought of such an idea? And values as a journey. Instead of a flood of words. This is a time when I so much wish I had even a little artistic ability, man would I ever spend a lot of time drawing maps of Occupy Wall Street and John Boehner and on and on and on. Maps show us the way, and they show relationships, and they show how to complete a journey – how to find what we want. We live in a time when I at least would sure appreciate some direction…….