The Salt Marsh in Early Autumn

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thursday Feathers & Fur

Jan wrote yesterday when he sent me this photo: "This blurry fellow was a welcome sight this rainy morning. A cardinal was too bashful and quick."


I've never seen one of these birds, and haven't seen a cardinal in a long time. I'll have to stop blaming my bird blindness on location and climate - learning how to see them is the real job. Thank heavens for Jan.

In the meantime, I can see my indoor pets. The photo below is unposed and unretouched - that's Jimmy on the left and the toy dog he inherited from Mary on the right. Looks to me like they need couples counseling.....


I'm off this morning, if the rain doesn't turn to heavy snow, on a visit to see some wooden boats - I'm bringing my camera so I can share them with you. Then we'll have a return to some topics of a more social and political nature. I got some interesting responses to my posts about our Governor.......